P.Š.B

Painting of the cat is inspired by the history which dates back to 1750, the year when the local Countess Pranciška Ščiukaitė-Butlerienė ordered the church to be built around which the City Of Marijampole grew. According to the local folklore, the Countess was very fond of the cats and took care of many. That’s why so many images of the cats adore the City of Marijampole, this being only one of many. The painting is done by the handprints of many volunteers, who can refuse to pet a soft kitty?