Drama theatre and its square remind of a difficult history. It was a place where people attended to Lithuanian evenings, watched plays. Later it was closed and opened again in 1956. The building was liquidated in 1963, so people created the drama theatre of Marijampole in 1988. The theatre was renovated and transferred to city municipality.
Priest Antanas Kazlauskas initiated the building of hall of St. Mykolas parish in 1937. The walls and roof were constructed in 1938 – 1939, installation work inside started in 1940. The building was unfinished because of nationalism in 1940. The drama theatre of Marijampole was founded in 1992 01 15.